Last Shop Standing – The Film
Last Shop Standing: The Rise, Fall and Rebirth of the Independent Record Shop is an independent documentary currently in production which celebrates the unique spirit of comradeship and entrepreneurial ingenuity that has enabled so many record shops to keep operating against the backdrop of massive changes in the music industry. A collaboration between award winning feature film company Blue Hippo Media and Proper Music Publishing Ltd, the film is scheduled for release in September.
Not long ago there was a record shop on every high street, but over 500 independent record stores have closed during the last few years. Record shops were always more than retail outlets, they are part of our culture; they support new bands and local talent. A place for musicians and music fans to congregate, to browse away a few hours, to walk away with music they didn’t know existed.
- New Release: Allison Moorer – Down To Believing
Dr John and Sarah Morrow in conversation with Jamie Cullum
This week on Jamie Cullum’s BBC Radio 2 show he was joined by Dr John and Read more →
Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott announce new headline shows for 2015
Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott have announced three huge headline outdoor shows for 2015. They’re Read more →
- Gretchen Peters – Blackbirds Pre-Order Exclusive
- RIP Ian McLagan
Proper Records on SpotifyNot using Spotify? Sign up for a FREE account here
- Saturday, 27th December 2014 Bap Kennedy in Portrush at Atlantic Live Lounge Buy Tickets
- Wednesday, 31st December 2014 Steve Cradock in London at The Jazz Cafe Buy Tickets
- Wednesday, 31st December 2014 Jacqui Dankworth in Liverpool at Liverpool Philharmonic Hall Buy Tickets