Last Shop Standing – The Film
Last Shop Standing: The Rise, Fall and Rebirth of the Independent Record Shop is an independent documentary currently in production which celebrates the unique spirit of comradeship and entrepreneurial ingenuity that has enabled so many record shops to keep operating against the backdrop of massive changes in the music industry. A collaboration between award winning feature film company Blue Hippo Media and Proper Music Publishing Ltd, the film is scheduled for release in September.
Not long ago there was a record shop on every high street, but over 500 independent record stores have closed during the last few years. Record shops were always more than retail outlets, they are part of our culture; they support new bands and local talent. A place for musicians and music fans to congregate, to browse away a few hours, to walk away with music they didn’t know existed.
- New Release: Gretchen Peters – Blackbirds
- Jacqui Dankworth takes part in Cleo’s Christmas Shows
Gretchen Peters inducted into Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame
Congratulations to Gretchen Peters who was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall Of Fame on Read more →
Watch: Dr. John – The making of Ske-Dat-De-Dat The Spirit of Satch
Dr. John talks about the making of his new album ‘Ske-Dat-De-Dat The Spirit of Read more →
Henry Priestman’s Autumn Before The Winter Tour
Henry Priestman sets out on his Autumn Before The Winter tour after appearing at the Read more →
Proper Records on SpotifyNot using Spotify? Sign up for a FREE account here
- Wednesday, 26th November 2014 Jacqui Dankworth in Newcastle at Keele University Buy Tickets
- Thursday, 27th November 2014 Paul Heaton in Cardiff at St David’s Hall Buy Tickets
- Thursday, 27th November 2014 Jacqui Dankworth in Stratford-Upon-Avon at Stratford Arts House Buy Tickets