Last Shop Standing – The Film
Last Shop Standing: The Rise, Fall and Rebirth of the Independent Record Shop is an independent documentary currently in production which celebrates the unique spirit of comradeship and entrepreneurial ingenuity that has enabled so many record shops to keep operating against the backdrop of massive changes in the music industry. A collaboration between award winning feature film company Blue Hippo Media and Proper Music Publishing Ltd, the film is scheduled for release in September.
Not long ago there was a record shop on every high street, but over 500 independent record stores have closed during the last few years. Record shops were always more than retail outlets, they are part of our culture; they support new bands and local talent. A place for musicians and music fans to congregate, to browse away a few hours, to walk away with music they didn’t know existed.
- Richard Thompson on BBC Radio 4′s Mastertapes
Watch: Bonnie Raitt on Later… with Jools Holland
Bonnie Raitt appeared on Later… with Jools Holland last night ahead of the start of her Read more →
- The Waterboys on BBC Radio 4′s Mastertapes
Watch: The Emperors of Wyoming – The Pinery Boy
Watch the new video from The Emperors of Wyoming for ‘The Pinery Boy’ which Read more →
- Watch: Tom Russell – East of Woodstock, West of Vietnam (live)
Proper Records on SpotifyNot using Spotify? Sign up for a FREE account here
- Thursday, 20th June 2013 Dennis Locorriere in Yeovil at The Octagon Theatre Buy tickets
- Thursday, 20th June 2013 Eve Selis in Bury at The Met Buy tickets
- Friday, 21st June 2013 Bonnie Raitt in Glasgow at Clyde Auditorium Buy tickets
- Friday, 21st June 2013 Dennis Locorriere in Runcorn at The Brindley Theatre Buy tickets